||From Arlene Setzer, who introduced
H.B. 534 seeks to amend sections 917.01, 917.02, and 907.04 of the Ohio
Revised Code to authorize Grade A milk producers to give or sell raw milk
to ultimate consumers if certain criteria are met.
A "Grade A milk producer" may give, sell, offer for sale, or
expose for sale raw milk to the ultimate consumer as long as the producer
complies with the following:
- The "Grade A milk producer" holds a valid "raw milk
- The gift, sale, offer for sale, or exposure for sale occurs on the
premises where the production of the raw milk occurs;
- The "Grade A milk producer" displays a notice, in a
conspicuous place, in accordance with rules adopted by the director
of agriculture under section 917.02 of the Revised Code, advising
the ultimate consumer that the raw milk "has not been
pasteurized and may contain disease-producing organisms;
- All final delivery containers used for the sale of raw milk to
ultimate consumers shall contain a label, in accordance with rules
adopted by the director of agriculture under section 917.02 of the
Revised Code, with the words "this product has not been
pasteurized and may contain disease-producing organisms."
This additional info from Warren Byle, of The Raw Milk Advocacy
The current language of the bill will do the following:
- Enable grade A producers to obtain a raw milk retailers
license to sell raw milk on farm only.
- Allow hand-filling and hand-capping of containers.
- Exempts dairy animal owners from regulation if they are using the
dairy products for personal consumption only. [This should cover
cow/herd share agreements without mentioning the same]
For further information see www.WAPFToledo.org
, click on Raw Milk Action Alert.